Categories are the primary way to organize your content in Tettra.
The Recent Activity page (the first page you see when you log in to Tettra) will show your categories in the left hand sidebar menu. Check out this article if you'd like to learn more about customizing your recent activity page.
If you'd like to see a list of all your categories, you can scroll through the left hand menu or click directly into the Categories menu item:
Once you select a category, it will show an overview of the category. This includes all pages, subcategories and suggestions associated with the category.
Creating a new Category
To create a category, head to the Categories page and click
- Choose a Category Name this can be anything but needs to be unique to your team (e.g you cannot have two categories with the same name).
- Choose a Description. This will appear at the top of the category.
- Choose Category Owners. Category owners allow you to define topic experts and appear on the Categories page and in category views.
- Choose a Color and Icon. This will appear in the lefthand sidebar and on any page list view. Set custom colors using hex codes.
- Choose the Order of content. You can order your category by last modified date, alphabetically, or a custom order.
- Choose the Visibility of the Category. This is default to Open (e.g everyone in your team can view/edit all pages in a category). If you would like to allow only certain people and teams (access to Google Groups available on the Scaling plan) to view a category, change to the option Only certain people and groups then type the names of the team mates or groups you would like to be able to access the category.
- Slack channel notifications. Here you can assign a specific slack channel for notifications. For more information see
Deleting a Category
If you would like to delete a category, navigate to the category page, and click the kebab menu in the top right hand corner. To delete the category click "Delete"
WARNING: Deleting a Category is permanent, and not reversible. However, deleting the category does not delete all the pages within that category (they simply become uncategorized).
You can control the order in which categories are arranged in the left hand sidebar menu.
To do so, visit the Categories page:
Once you're there, use the drag-and-drop feature (9-dot icon) to reorder your categories.
After you've settled on an order, refresh the page and those changes should immediately populate in the sidebar menu.